Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Studio Update - Let There Be Light!

This last week went really well getting lots of work done on my new studio! While my parents were here, we got the counter top installed and the sink ready for the plumber. We took out the window and got ready for the door to be installed. Now we can actually get into the room without having to go outside! And we got lots of little things done like hanging shades and touch-up painting.

Sunday we finished up the wiring and have actual lights in the room now! It was so great to see it all lit up!

And yesterday the plumber came and finished up the "kitchen" sink and bathroom.

What do you think of my pink cupboards? Okay, they're not really pink, it's just a protective film. But I had a lot of fun letting people believe they were pink. I must admit, had I known how cool they would look with a white base and pink door...I might have ordered them that way :) Instead, I'll just have pink door pulls.
(And that window is history!)

My mom and I did lots of shopping for finishing touches. Her friend is making my curtains and I cannot wait to show them to you! They are pink and ruffled...the coolest! We also bought all the finishing touches for the bathroom and a towel rack for the "kitchen" area. And some fun rugs!

This week I'm hoping to get the door installed and the trim all finished up. As much as I want to just go ahead and move in, I want all the little details finished. I know if I don't go around and fill all those stupid nail holes in the trim now, it will never get done. I figure I've waited this long, another week or two will be okay (I hope!).

In my next update, I'll get to show you all the fun finishing touches!

17 comments:

  1. The lighting looks great! We have that type of lighting in our living area.
    For a second I thought you had a pink kitchen, which looks pretty cute :)
    It all looks very spacious! And I am looking forward to seeing your ruffled curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you had me going there with the pink cabinets!! Can't wait to see all the "pretties" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brain almost exploded from awesomeness when I saw the cabinets! If you ever decide to paint them down the line, now you know it'll look cool.

    It looks GREAT. The floor and walls are so complimentary; you guys did a nice job balancing dark and light. I can't wait to see how it looks with everything moved in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That space is amazing! Great lighting and I love the color choice for the walls! You ladies did an amazing job - can't wait to see it filled up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The space looks so fabulous already, Edi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edi, it's looking terrific! I really like the color for the walls. And the cupboards definitely would look pretty cool pink like that. But pink door pulls will do, and will go with your curtains (I can't wait to see the ruffles!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza! You are a lucky duck! The space is really coming together and will really feel like home after you're done with it! Congrats to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing space!! Anxious to see the final reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! This is going to be such a wonderful work space for you! And I did think you'd gone with pink on your cupboards ha! Can't wait for the final reveal. Whooooo hoooooo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally thought you had pink cabinets! This is such a gorgeous space and I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's looks great Edi! I thought you had pink cabinets too and was wondering what Jesse thought of that! :) Your space is huge and well lit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo la la! Looking great! haha - maybe you could just leave the pink film on for a while. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sharing this process with you is just so much fun! I feel like I am as excited as you are! But I know that can't be true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's coming along! Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your space looks amazing, and it looks like you will have everything you will need.
    Valerie
    Everyday Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks wonderful! You are going to love the finished product and you will be more productive than you ever thought possible. I will admit though I'm so glad that you said the pink cabinets were actually a protective film! perhaps if it were a more subtle shad of pink it would be OK. You scared me!

    I can't wait to see it filled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear! Please ignore all my typos in my reply above! It's been a long day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...