Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Wedding Invitation Recreation

Once in a while I get a request to recreate a couple's wedding invitation onto wood. Not everyone wants a wooden invitation to send out, but they do make a very nice keepsake for after the event.

I was recently asked to make one such invitation and loved how it turned out! I love the original design and loved how close I was able to get the recreation.

I start by matching the fonts either exactly or as closely as I can. Then I look for images that match the invitation. Or try to use the exact image from the original invitation from a scan or photograph. In this case, I had the perfect seahorse image already on file. All it needed was a few alterations and the invitation came together beautifully.

This request came directly from the bride and groom, but I've also made these as wedding gifts as well. Now that's something you can guarantee the couple won't get 2 of :)

10 comments:

  1. It turned out fantastic! Amazing details and great job on matching the fonts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another great idea that turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! My Ponte Vedra club has exact same muscat of those seahorses.... how funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet idea for a keepsake! Great job matching the fonts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect wedding keepsake! The seahorses are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome keepsake, must be a wonderful gift to receive something as special as this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's amazing how you can recreate things so beautifully! Love the sea horses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ieee! So cute! I love the design. Recreating an invitation in wood is such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This wedding invitation is just amazing. You recreated it wonderfully!! Well done my friend. I am also looking for unique invitation card designs for my sister’s wedding. You know she will get married at the historical event halls in Philadelphia.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...