Thursday, July 9, 2015

Flowers & Weeds



 
Back in April I shared some photos of my some-day lilac bushes. And I promised to share more photos when they finally bloomed. Well...they didn't bloom this year. I planted them as sticks last year, so I'm hoping they will finally bloom next year. But they are growing and getting bigger, so my fingers are crossed!

While out taking a photo of the lilacs, I decided to get pictures of my other "flowers" around the yard. I'm very grateful for my roses as they come back every year and require very little effort otherwise. If you're a regular reader, you know I'm not so great at taking care of plants. This one above is a knock-out.

And these are miniature roses.

I also enjoy seeing color around the yard, even when others may see these as weeds.

 
 These thistles are so pretty when they bloom. And I even caught a bumble bee having a snack :)
These are out in the pasture, but truth be told, we did have to mow them off so they don't spread any worse. While I like their color, they are a noxious weed. Glad I got some photos before they disappeared :)

14 comments:

  1. Love the colours of the flowers and the bright blue skies. We've had lots of rain these two days, and I hope summer shows itself again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weeds can be pretty too! Love the rose :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the roses! Weed flowers have their charm, but yes, sometimes they have to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those roses are beautiful! Hope the lilac blooms next year - it's my mom's favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos Edi! It is funny how stubborn weeds can be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they look lovely! And if they're low maintenance, that's even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures. The miniature rose is so elegant with it's colored ends. As for the picture below, definitely a good horse selfie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love thistles, too! Bummer that they're a weed because they're so cool to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos. Sometimes the weeds ARE as pretty as the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the yellow rose with the orange edges.
    Thistles are pretty...but. My friends who have an organic farm are battling them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the yellow rose with the orange edges.
    Thistles are pretty...but. My friends who have an organic farm are battling them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love thistle blossoms too but they are a pain to get out. We had a couple near the drainage ditch in out front yard in Missouri

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love thistle blossoms too but they are a pain to get out. We had a couple near the drainage ditch in out front yard in Missouri

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!
I love your comments!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...